Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lessons and Randomness

Yes, I managed to sign on and start writing a post all by myself...I am a little new with this-Adam usually does the blogging but I decided to give it a try.
Well, my usual day to day life is pretty drab so I was trying to think of something special to write about. I came up with lessons.
Lessons God has taught/ been teaching me about his faithfullness and about trust. Well, just over a year and a half a go, God decided to answer a prayer I had asked him. One that went something like this. " God, I want to learn to trust you completly"...and i might have added.."whatever it takes".
Little did I know what God had in mind. He took me away from comfort and decided to toss me over a cliff. Meanwhile asking me if I trusted him. My answer...no and where are you? Why did you desert me? This last year has been a time of painful stretching and growing. One where I look back and realize that it was necessary for me to learn. I learned that God is faithful. You can bring to him your needs, even the smallest things like clothes or gas money. I have learned that God will keep me fed, clothed and housed. Oh and he will let me keep his car. Plus spoil me every once in awhile.
I can't say that I trust God perfectly, it is still a work in progress, but I hope to say that I trust him better than I did. He took away something I had always taken for granted and trusted in to provide my needs-my way. And he gave me a husband to go through it with- so we might both learn the lessons he had for us.
I am also learning another thing...realizing it more and more, and that is this. God gave me an amazing man to be my husband. I don't know what I would do without him. He is truly my best friend. I love how he is always there when I need a cuddle, hug or a kiss. And how such a simple act such as listening or one of the previously mentioned actions can mean so much. I really appreciate it when he prays-especially when I don't have the words. I love who he is now and the person he is becoming.
Well, I should be taking myself to bed, so I have energy for tomorrow-thankfully I have a day off. Anyone want to come for coffee?
~Mrs ( I love this part) Melissa Lever

No comments: